From the following select box, choose language of your preference:
After completing the course
We believe that self reliance is key to woman empowerment. We shall be launching under this section free courses for livelihood generation and self employment. These courses shall be imparted with a nominal fee:
- Mahubani painting
- growing vegetable
- Rearing of Cow, Buffalo, fish, duck, chicken etc.
The empowerment and autonomy of women and the improvement of their political, social, economic and health status is essential for the achievement of sustainable development. In all parts of the world, women are facing threats to their lives, health and well- being. In most regions of the world, women receive less formal education than men. Improving the status of women also enhances their decision-making capacity at all levels in all spheres of life, especially in the area of sexuality and reproduction. Under this section, we shall learn how to improve their life as enshrined in SDG.
Prof. Dr. H. O. Srivastava
Status of woman in society
- Women empowerment means equal status to women, opportunity, and freedom to develop themselves.
- Women’s empowerment is really needed in societies.
- It’s so important for women’s self-esteem; women to be economically independent, self-reliant.
How to Empower Women?
Women are deprived of the status they should get in society; especially rural women.
The most effective solution for this is self-employment. For this, education and skills training is required.
- Lack of quality education is one of the biggest barriers to the development of women.
- The individuals and government must both come together to make it happen.
- Education for girls must be made compulsory so that women can become literate to make a life for themselves.
- Women must be given equal opportunities in every field.
- They must be given equal pay.
- We can empower women by abolishing child marriage.
- Vocational Skill Training
- If women are helpful in earning money like men, then the importance of women will be increased.
- This will increase income of house.
- Women will not depend on anyone for their needs.
- Financial independence boosts self-esteem and confidence of women.
- Women can learn beekeeping, mushroom farming, sewing, papad (wafer) making and other income-generating skills.
- They can earn money to support their family by working.
Note: Vocational online courses are available in our website to promote women empowerment under achieving SDG2030.