From the following select box, choose language of your preference:
Prof. Dr. Sir H. O. Srivastava, IBS, K. St. J
M.Sc. M.Phil, Ph. D. (Info Sys.), Ph. D. (Chemistry), D. Lit. (Management), Chancellor WDF University
Date: August, 19, 2023:
One common challenge within the higher education industry that I’d like to overcome. I was curious about the goals and objectives of higher education. In my research, I came across the Website of Metropolitan State University, Denever, Colorado, (10 Benefits of Higher Education – MSU Denver which I reproduce below:
1. Higher Earning Potential: Earning a college degree opens the door to better income potential. On average, people with a college degree make more than those with just a high school diploma.
2. Better Employability: Having a college degree increases the likelihood you will also have a job. The employment rate for 25 to 34-year-olds drastically increases with higher levels of education.
3. Preparation for a Specialized Career: Many specialized career paths require a degree as the foundation for entry (and success) in that field.
4. Increased Productivity: When you earn a college degree, you develop more skills in your chosen field. More skills mean a greater level of productivity, which benefits everyone in the workforce, from the employee to the employer.
5. Better Communication Skills: Higher education brings with it skills to communicate both verbally and in writing. Clear written and verbal communication is critical to finding success at work1.
6. Improved Self Confidence: Finishing college is a huge accomplishment that can lead to improved self-confidence.
7. Development of Critical Thinking Skill
8. Networking Opportunities: College provides an opportunity to build a strong network of peers and professionals who can help you throughout your career.
9. Creates Pathways to Career Advancement Opportunities.
10. A Happier Life: Refers to CNBC report
Generally, the higher learning institutions talk of investment and ROI and as such we transform a human into a money-spinning roulette wheel and the institutions blare out with pride, the remuneration earned by learner on placement.
In contrast, the Indian traditional education (Vedic concept of Education) emphasized on a comprehensive framework for education, including the importance of holistic personal development, cultivating ethical values, leadership qualities, and a global perspective. Our education devoid of moral, ethical and humane values are result of growing dissatisfaction and failure of educated people working in all the fields.